TRAVELLING GRANT FOR THE PRESENTATION OF SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
(revision of March 2015)
- Source of funding - MSO
- To encourage the presentation of original research by Malaysian ophthalmologists and trainees at an international level.
- The presentation will be in the form of an oral presentation of a scientific research paper. Invited didactic lectures are excluded.
- Meetings eligible
- APAO Congress
- ESCRS Meeting
- AAO Annual Meeting
- ARVO Annual Meeting
- Subspecialty meetings of an equivalent level*
*to be decided on a case-by-case basis
- Number of grants available
- One grant per half year, i.e. Jan – Jun (1), Jul – Dec (1)
- Eligibility and conditions
- The recipient must have been a member of the MSO for at least 1 year at the time of travel.
- The recipient must be the presenting author and principal investigator.
- A member may receive this grant no more than once every 5 years.
|Venue of meeting
- Qualified candidates may submit their applications:
- By 31 November for a presentation planned for the January – June period of the following year
- By 31 May for a presentation planned for the July – December period of the same year.
- The application should:
- Include a summary of the scientific paper
- Indicate the meeting where the paper is intended for presentation.
- Confirmed acceptance of the paper for presentation is not a prerequisite at this stage.
- The MSO committee will determine the best entry from the applications received. No award will be made if there are deemed to be no suitable applications.
- The winning applicant will be offered the grant, conditional upon:
- Acceptance of the paper for presentation at the Meeting
- Actual presentation of the paper by the member at the Meeting (‘no-show’ and ‘’withdrawn’ presentations will be disqualified)
- The member will be disbursed the grant money after the meeting, provided that the above conditions have been met.