View the Eye Doctor database
Download the Membership Form
Please print page 1 and 2 on both sides of a single sheet of A4 paper, complete the form, then scan and email to email@example.com with the appropriate proof of payment.
There are 3 categories of membership:
Ophthalmologists practising in Malaysia who possess a recognized postgraduate qualification in Ophthalmology. Ordinary Members enjoy full membership benefits.
Ophthalmologists practising in Malaysia who possess a recognized postgraduate qualification in Ophthalmology. Life Members enjoy full membership benefits.
Medical Doctors without a registrable postgraduate qualification in Ophthalmology, but who are either enrolled in a formal training programme in Ophthalmology, or who are practicing Ophthalmology. Associate Members enjoy full membership benefits except for the right to vote and hold office.
Educational / Professional Development
- Early access and notification of the latest edition of the Malaysian Journal of Ophthalmology (MyJO) at https://www.myjo.org
- Quarterly issue of the MSO newsletter, MSO Express.
- Reduced registration rates for scientific meetings organised or co-organised by the MSO, such as:
- Annual Scientific Meeting of the MSO
- Malaysia – Singapore Joint Ophthalmic Congress
- Free access to the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) ONE® Network (https://www.aao.org), a global platform for ophthalmic education, which has access to the following journals and more:
- American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Survey of Ophthalmology
- Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology Clinics of North America
- Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology
- EyeNet Archive
- Journal of Academic Ophthalmology
- Partnership with the AOP Academy, a leading e-learning platform dedicated to ophthalmology, accessible on your phone, tablet and computer. Please contact directly the AOP Academy team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the access and account creation. Please mention Malaysian Society of Ophthalmology in your email.
- Free registration and access to the new Subspecialty Symposia on the ICO Portal. Visit the ICO Portal at: https://woc-virtual.com/access-ico-video-gallery/
Subsidies & Grants
- Travelling grants and poster subsidies to present research findings or scientific posters in International or Local meetings (please refer to eligibility criteria and application procedure).
- MSO Research Grants are offered to eligible members in good standing to support original research projects conducted in Malaysia. Each research grant awarded is up to RM5,000 in amount. Further details on how to apply for this grant.
Easy application for indemnity coverage via this link https://quote.thedoctorshield.com/promo/OPHTH2020 with dedicated Telegram group for MSO members only
Vehicle Purchase Concession
- VW Corporate Employee Purchase Scheme (CEPS) – 5% discount for selected models (varies according to monthly promotion. 5% discount is on top of the special monthly promotional price). Please click here to view/download the brochure.
- BMW Group Corporate Programme – up to 7% discount for the purchase of selected BMW or Mini models. Please click here to view/download the brochure. For enquiries, contact Mr Thilagaraj (+603 7958 2063 or email email@example.com)